This program will prepare you for licensure and practice as a registered nurse. Butler nursing graduates are highly recruited by area hospitals and clinics. Students may apply for the Practical Nurse Licensure exam NCLEX-PN following successful completion of the first level of the nursing program.
The LPN option is available only as part of the RN curriculum; There is not a separate LPN program or applicant selection process. Upon successful completion of the first level of the Nursing program, students are awarded a Certificate B in Nursing, and may apply for the Practical Nurse Licensure exam NCLEX-PN.
**All NR courses must be completed with a grade of C or better. If a student fails one or both NR courses that are offered simultaneously, the student if desired, can request consideration to be readmitted or included in the next applicant pool. All NR courses within one semester must be successfully completed in order to progress to the next level.
Butler Community College is committed to flexible pathways for our student’s success. Courses are offered in varying delivery formats; face-to-face, blended and online. When reviewing this pathway, please check the Class Schedule to identify which format the course is offered to make sure you are selecting the delivery modality that fits your needs.
Kansas State Wide Transfer course (T►)
Milestone Courses - Courses are considered essential for progress within a selected Pathway and are indicated by a diamond symbol (♦).
This course is offered online (O)
Prior to Admission
Students must make a separate application to the Nursing Program. Check deadline dates for application and admission requirements. Be sure to follow the Nursing Program Selective Admission Policy.
The Nursing Department supports the Kansas Nursing Articulation Plan and provides the opportunity for advanced placement of the licensed practical nurse into the second level of the associate degree in nursing curriculum. Validation of current Kansas LPN license and LPN IV certification is required. Visit our Web site at http://www.butlercc.edu/nursing/ for more information on Advanced Placement.
*Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology must have been completed within 5 years of admission into the program of nursing.
Nursing student fees are assessed each term of the nursing program, including liability insurance, lab supplies, and digital resources such as Kaplan and Evolve e-books and resources. Students are responsible for cost of uniforms, testing software, a senior fee, and the licensing exam for Registered Nursing NCLEX-RN. Students may apply for the Practical Nurse Licensure exam NCLEX-PN following successful completion of the first level of the nursing program.
The following documents must be on file and COMPLETE prior to date in the student’s acceptance letter. These health documents are to be sent directly to Butler College Health Services at 901 S. Haverhill Road, El Dorado, KS 67042, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call 322-3371 to verify that your records were received.
- A Butler Department of Nursing Health Record (annual physical exam form) completed and signed by a health care provider demonstrating compliance with the clinical facility requirements.
- The Health Record includes verification of an annual TB skin test following an initial two-step. The immunization record also includes a Tdap, two MMR’s, positive varicella titer, and the Hepatitis B series or signed refusal form. Butler College Health Services can do physicals and immunizations if needed. For an appointment (required), call Butler of El Dorado (BOE) College Health Service phone #322-3371, 323-6929, or 323-6934. Or Butler of Andover (BOA) College Health Service phone # 323-6282 or 322-3371.
- Current CPR certification (American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider OR the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer). Certification should include adult, child, infant and two-person. Online CPR must be accompanied by evidence of a performance exam.
- The influenza vaccine is required annually.
- The nursing student is required to maintain health insurance and provide proof of health insurance prior to and during participation in clinical.
- Documentation of COVID-19 fully vaccinated status.
Admission to the nursing program is contingent upon a satisfactory background check and negative urine drug screen, and completion of all health record requirements and vaccinations. Previous background checks will not fulfill this requirement. The Kansas State Board of Nursing will not license individuals with certain criminal offense history. You may inquire via the KSBN Web site at https://ksbn.kansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/NPA/74-1112.pdf
Crimes against persons
Accreditation Commission for Education of Nursing
3390 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 1400
Atlanta, GA 30326
Kansas State Board of Nursing
Landon State office Building
900 SW Jackson Street, Suite 1051
Topeka, KS 66612-1230
Program Pathway Learning Outcomes
Click here to view this program’s assessment data. For more information or questions, please contact Phil Speary at email@example.com or 316.322.3226.
Office: BOE 1500, 15237
Office: BOE, Bldg 1500, 15241
Associate Dean of Nursing and Allied Health
Office: BOE, Bldg 1500, 15242